How To Cook Pork Chops In The Oven
If you are looking to find out how to cook pork chops in the oven, then it may be actually easier to cook than you might have thought. Not only are oven baked pork chops an easy meal to cook, it also serves as a great meal for friends and family and is a much healthier way of cooking pork chops, unlike say fried pork chops. The great thing about learning how to cook pork chops in the oven is that there is such a wide range of delicious recipes available and different ways to cook them, that you will never get bored of cooking them.
There are 2 important factors in learning how to cook pork chops in the oven. The first is that pork chops can be either cooked with the bone in, or boneless. A lot of people prefer to cook them with the bone in as they believe that it gives out more juices and makes a tastier dish, however the choice is yours! The second factor about learning how to cook pork chops in the oven is to decide on the thickness of the pork chop. A thin pork chop can be anything 3/4 of an inch thick or less.
Anything bigger than this would be a thick chop. It is important to note that thick chops will take longer to cook. When looking at how to cook pork chops in the oven, remember that the temperature for cooking pork chops should be lower to keep the chops moist and juicy.
Below I have listed a popular a recipe for how to cook pork chops in the oven:
How To cook Pork Chops In The Oven – Ingredients
6 pork chops, half an inch thick
Nonstick oil spray
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tbsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 egg white
1 cup cornflakes crumbs
1 cup evaporated skim milk
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
How To Cook Pork Chops In The Oven Recipe
This step by step recipe will show you how to cook pork chops in the oven. No matter how much or little experience you may have in the kitchen, this recipe will show people of all levels to learn how to cook pork chops to the best that they can be! Not a cook type of person? Have no worries, there are several fantastic Italian restaurants Oakville where you can sample some amazing oven cooked pork chop dishes.
1. The first step to learn how to cook pork chops in the oven is to prepare the seasoning mix. Combine the salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper. Set it aside.
2. Trim the fat from the pork chops if your butcher has not already done so.
3. Lay the chops in a single layer on a sheet of wax paper. Then spray them with a light coating of oil.
4. Rub the meat with the seasoning mix, completely coating the chops.
5. Put the chops in a plastic bag or bowl to marinate. Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. Separate an egg and refrigerate the yolk for another recipe. Combine the egg white and evaporated milk using a whisk.
7. Soak the pork chops in the evaporated milk mixture for 5 minutes. If they are not completely covered, then turn the chops once after 2 or 3 minutes.
8. Combine the cornflakes and breadcrumbs. An easy way is to put them in a blender for a few seconds.
9. Remove pork chops from the milk, one at a time, and immediately coat them with the breadcrumb mixture.
10. Spray a baking pan or glass oven dish with nonstick spray. Arrange pork chops in a single layer in the baking pan or glass oven dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, then turn and bake for another 25 minutes.
After this you will have delicious oven baked pork chops. Hopefully this article has given you some help in learning how to cook pork chops in the oven!